Yesterday the Israeli government sent yet another signal that it when it comes to settlements, rule of law is optional. It also gave another sign that this Israeli government prefers settlements to peace. It did this by approving the biggest West Bank settlement since the Netanyahu government took power - in a settlement and illegal outpost located deep since the West Bank, far east of Israel's separation barrier, in an area that could not possibly remain under Israeli control under any future peace deal. The approvals come in response to Peace Now petitions to the Israeli High Court against illegal construction at these two sites. Rather than implement the law, the Israeli Government responded to the petitions by taking action to post-facto legalize the settlers' illegal construction and now has added insult to injury by approving this additional construction. Peace Now's report on the approval is available here.
- APN to Trump: Tell Israel's Government to Stop Settlement Construction!
- Legislative Round-Up: May 25, 2018
- Peace Now in the News: May 19 - 25, 2018
- News Nosh: May 25, 2018
- News Nosh: May 24, 2018
- News Nosh: May 23, 2018
- News Nosh: May 22, 2018
- COMING SOON: A game-changer on West Bank settlements
- Peace Now in the News: April 21 - May 18, 2018
- APN in the News: April 21 - May 18, 2018