Americans for Peace Now (APN) seeks a motivated, detail-oriented, and thoughtful individual to serve as its Content and Program Manager. As a crucial part of APN’s content production team, the person who fills this position will, among other responsibilities, manage ongoing APN programs and contribute to APN’s social media presence.
APN is the sister-organization of Shalom Achshav, Israel’s preeminent peace movement. APN's mission is to educate and persuade the American public and its leadership to support and adopt policies that will lead to comprehensive, durable, Israeli-Palestinian and Israeli-Arab peace, based on a two-state solution, guaranteeing both peoples’ security, and consistent with US national interests. We also work to ensure Israel's future as a liberal democracy and national home for the Jewish people through education, activism, and advocacy in the United States, and by mobilizing American support for Shalom Achshav.
The Content and Program Manager’s main responsibilities will include the following:
- Draft APN publications independently and in collaboration with other staff members, including policy analyses, op-eds, explainers, petitions, Congressional briefings, and fundraising materials
- Manage, coordinate, and strategize APN programming in collaboration with other staff
- Update website content
- Administer APN’s social media accounts
- Coordinate the preparation of grant proposals and reports
- Assist in managing relations with APN’s Board of Directors, including organizing meetings and producing minutes
- Manage APN’s internship program
- Coordinate logistics for APN events
- Answer APN’s main phone line and complete other administrative tasks as necessary
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, Middle East studies, or a related field; Master’s degree is a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills are essential
- Knowledge of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is a must; time spent in the region is a plus
- Detail oriented with strong organizational abilities
- Social media savvy
- Strong oral communications skills
- Able to work independently in a self-directed manner and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Experience with Salsa and WordPress is desirable
- Familiarity with non-profits is welcome
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, near Dupont Circle.
We hope to have the incumbent start in mid-June to allow a period of overlap for training with the current Content and Program Manager.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and list of 3 professional or academic references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Content and Program Manager Position.”