Strategic Communications and Development Associate
About Americans for Peace Now (APN)
APN's mission is to educate and persuade the American public and its leadership to support and adopt policies that will lead to a peaceful and just future for Israel and Palestine.
APN works in partnership with our sister organization Shalom Achshav (Peace Now), Israel's preeminent peace movement, to ensure Israel's future and the viability of its democracy.
APN is a Washington-based, non-partisan, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
APN is seeking a full-time Strategic Communications and Development Associate to help implement the organization’s communication strategy and support the development department in its communications with donors. The Strategic Communications and Development Associate will be responsible for strengthening the organization’s public engagement through web, social media, and email communications, and for ensuring that APN donors are stewarded and supported through timely communications.
Responsibilities include managing APN’s databases and messaging platforms, maintaining APN’s website, helping manage mailings to APN donors and stakeholders, as well as implementing APN’s social media engagement.
This position will be located in APN’s Washington, DC, office.
- Developing and implementing APN’s communications strategy in collaboration with staff.
- Maintaining APN’s web site, including updating and posting of both textual and visual content.
- Managing and developing the organization’s social media accounts, and producing textual and visual content for social media.
- Helping cultivate the organization’s stakeholders and digital communities, including the management of APN’s
mass emailing platforms. That includes:
- Managing and updating APN’s donor database
- Preparing and mailing donor acknowledgements
- Preparing periodic fundraising reports
- Providing support for APN events
- Providing support for annual appeal mailings as necessary
- Writing texts for mass emails, event announcements, weekly updates, and other regular mailings.
- Administrative and other duties in support of APN’s operations, as assigned by staff.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Strong writing skills essential.
- Experience in digital communications required, including web management, mass mailing, digital graphic design skills, and social media skills.
- Experience with Customer relationship management (CRM) platforms and mailing platforms highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and US-Israeli relations desired.
- Identification with APN’s mission and passion for Israeli-Palestinian peace essential.
- Effectively functioning under pressure as a team player essential.
- Video and audio editing skills desired.
- Proficiency in Hebrew a plus.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range for this position is $45,000 - $50,000.
APN’s benefits package includes: a 403B retirement savings plan, generous paid vacation, and generous medical and dental insurance plans.
Application should be sent to Jobs@peacenow.org . Please include:
- A cover letter
- A resume
- A short writing sample (no more than three pages).
APN is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. APN prohibits discrimination of employees and job applicants, and harassment of any kind.