Government Relations Director
About Americans for Peace Now (APN)
APN's mission is to educate and persuade the American public and its leadership to support and adopt policies that will lead to a peaceful and just future for Israel and Palestine.
APN works in partnership with our sister organization Shalom Achshav (Peace Now), Israel's preeminent peace movement, to ensure Israel's future and the viability of its democracy.
APN is a Washington-based non-partisan, not for profit 501(c)(3) Charitable organization.
APN is seeking a full-time Director of Government Relations to help maintain relations with the Middle East policymaking and policy-shaping community in Washington D.C., and beyond.
The government relations director will be responsible for strengthening the organization’s engagement with all relevant arms of the US government, including Congress and the administration’s agencies, and with other policy-related stakeholders.
This position will begin virtually and will (at the appropriate time) be based in Washington, DC.
- Forging, maintaining, and strengthening APN’s relationships with members of Congress and their staff to educate them about APN’s mission and policy priorities.
- Forging, maintaining, and strengthening APN’s relationships with administration officials in key policymaking positions and in all relevant government agencies to educate them about APN’s mission and policy priorities.
- Maintaining relationships with other players in the Middle East policy community in Washington, in the region, and beyond, including politicians, diplomats, civil society activists, think tank analysts, and others.
- Closely following the events and trends in the region, which relate to APN’s mission.
- Preparing policy briefs, action alerts, analyses, op-eds, talking points for APN staff and Board members, as well as other materials conveying APN’s policy positions on the issues.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- 4-7 of years working on Israel-Palestine or working in other relevant government relations role.
- Strong writing skills are essential.
- Middle East policy proficiency is highly desired.
- Identification with APN’s mission and passion for Israeli-Palestinian peace are required.
- Effectively functioning under pressure as a team player is essential.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $75,000.
APN’s benefits package includes: a 403B retirement savings plan, paid vacation, and a medical and dental insurance plan.
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include:
- A cover letter
- A resume
- A short writing sample (no more than five pages).
APN is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. APN prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.