Produced by the Foundation for Middle East Peace in cooperation with Americans for Peace Now, where the Legislative Round-Up was conceived.
1. Bills &
2. Media & Members on 2022 Elex
3. Members on the Record (Palestine)
4. Members on the Record (Israel)
5. Members on the Record (Iran & Saudi Arabia)
6. Members on the Record (All other Mideast countries)
1. Bills, Resolutions & Letters
(FY23 NDAA) HR 7900: Check out my handy-dandy table tracking Middle East-related amendments offered in the Senate to HR 7900 to see this week’s updates, including more amendments dropped this week and the list of amendments that have reportedly made it into the managers’ substitute NDAA text (keeping in mind that other amendments may still be brought up by senators on the Senate floor).
(SUSPEND ARMS SALES TO KSA) HR XXXX/S. XXX (PDF): On 10/9/22, Sen. Blumenthal (D-CT) and Rep. Khanna (D-CA) co-authored an op-ed (along with Jeffrey Sonnenfeld) making the case that “The Best Way to Respond to Saudi Arabia’s Embrace of Putin” is to “halt arms sales to Saudi Arabia and rebalance the U.S.’s relationship with Riyadh.”