1. Bills and Resolutions
2. Obama vs. "Pro-Israel" Groups on Iran, Part IV
3. Congress, Diplomacy, Sanctions, and Israel - Where Things Stand, What Next
4. White House Implores Senate to Give Time for Talks
5. NDAA Amendments in the Spotlight
6. Members Sound Off on Iran - Letters
7. Members Sound Off on Iran - Statements, Op-eds, Etc.
9. Members on the Record [on things other than Iran/sanctions]
1. Bills, Resolutions & Letters
2. Syria Debate on the Hill - Broader Implications?
3. Members on the Record (on things other than Syria)
5. News of the Weird
(This is Part 2 of an unprecedented two-part Round-Up. Please see Part 1for bills/resolutions/letters and coverage of HR 850, the Jerusalem passport case, CUFI on the Hill, Middle East issues in the Defense Approps process, Members on the Record, and Hearings/briefings).
As noted in Part 1 of this week's Round-Up, on 7/23 the Senate ForOps Subcommittee marked up the draft FY14 ForOps Approps bill (webcasthere). On 7/25, the full committee marked up the bill (webcast here) and reported it out of committee as S.1372, with a written report, No. 113-81. The full committee press release on the approval of the bill is availablehere. POMED's summary of the bill and the accompanying report is available here. Below are full details of the Middle East provisions in the bill.