About Us: Internships
Spring 2019 Internship
Americans for Peace Now (APN) is the sister organization of Shalom Achshav (Peace Now), Israel's preeminent peace movement. APN's mission is to educate and persuade the American public and its leadership to support and adopt policies that will lead to comprehensive, durable, Israeli-Palestinian and Israeli-Arab peace, based on a two-state solution, guaranteeing both peoples security, and consistent with U.S. national interests. We also work to ensure Israel's future and the viability of Israel's democracy and Jewish character through education, activism, and advocacy in the United States, and by mobilizing American support for Shalom Achshav.
Interns work a flexible 15-20 hr/week schedule. This is an unpaid position.
These will vary depending on skill set and interests of the successful applicant, but may include:
- Conduct legislative and policy research
- Update APN’s Research Center
- Track developments relevant to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Assist with development efforts
- Attend events in the DC area to network, take notes, and participate in discussions
- Write op-eds and blog posts
- Perform administrative work, as needed
- Prior research experience
- Knowledge of Israel, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and the Middle East
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills; ability to complete tasks quickly
- Current student or recent graduate
APN is located in the Farragut West/Foggy Bottom area of Washington, DC and is easily accessible by public transportation. For more information about APN, please visit www.peacenow.org.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume, writing sample, and contact information for an academic or professional recommendation to Stephanie Breitsman at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “APN Internship.”