Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Americans for Peace Now (APN). As one of the last bulwarks against the growing extremism that threatens a peaceful future for Israelis and Palestinians, we work tirelessly with our Israeli sister organization, Peace Now, to combat settlement expansion on the ground in the West Bank and to mobilize pro-peace Israelis and pro-peace, pro-Israel Americans to stand against the threats to a two-state solution.
There are no employment openings at this time, but please check back for future job postings!
Are you passionate about achieving Middle East peace? Are you ready to take your activism to the next level? Are you a college student who is looking to get work experience? We encourage you to apply for an internship at Americans for Peace Now for a chance to see first-hand how pro-peace advocacy plays out in Washington.
Intern duties may include the following:
- Organizing events to reach out to interns at other organizations.
- Tracking coverage of the peace process in Jewish and other major news outlets.
- Conducting legislative research.
- Utilizing new media tools to publicize APN's message.
- Research and writing opportunities (based on experience).
- Assisting in administrative work.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Computer and internet research skills.
- Knowledge of the Middle East and the Arab-Israeli relations.
- Experience in film editing, graphic design, social media, or web development a plus.
A special effort will be made to find projects for interns within their field of interest. Interns will be exposed to legislative strategy and the day-to-day workings of efforts to advance Middle East peace. Candidates who can commit to working at least 20 hours per week are preferred. This is an unpaid position.
Applications considered on a rolling basis. Please e-mail a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "APN Internship Program."