1. Your Agreement These Terms govern your use of the Website. Please read these Terms carefully; they establish our legal relationship. By accessing our Website, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood these Terms and agree to be legally bound by them. In addition, if you register as a Participant at our Website, during the registration process you further confirm your agreement to be legally bound by these Terms, by clicking "I accept" to these Terms.
2. Components of Our Site; Protecting Your Password
Our Website is divided into two broad areas and feature-sets: (i) those areas and features that are accessible to all Users (the General Site); and (ii) those areas that are password-protected (the Password-Protected Areas). Please keep in mind that we will treat as "you" anyone who uses your password to access the Password-Protected Areas. We will provide this User with all of the rights and privileges that we provide to you, and we will hold you responsible for the activities of a person using your password. Therefore, we recommend that you maintain your password in confidence, and that you refrain from disclosing this information to anyone who might "pretend" to be you with respect to the services and your participation on our Site. We also ask that you notify us immediately if you suspect that someone is using your password in this manner.
4. Ownership; Reservation of Rights All Content, information, software, artwork, text, video, audio, pictures, logos, and other material on the Website, including all associated intellectual property rights, are the proprietary property of the Host, our Users, or our associated licensors (or are included under principles of "Fair Use"), and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. As between you and the Host, the Host retains all rights with respect to the Website except (i) those expressly granted to you in Grant of Rights, above, and (ii) those that you hold in your own Content.
5. Links to Third-Party Sites The Website may contain links or produce search results that reference links to third party Websites (collectively Linked Sites). The Host has no control over these Linked Sites or their content and does not assume responsibility or liability for any content, opinions, or materials available on Linked Sites. The Host does not endorse the content of any Linked Site, nor does the Host warrant that a Linked Site will be free of computer viruses or other harmful code that can impact your computer or other Web-access device. By using the Website to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that such use is at your own risk.
6. Code of Conduct As a condition to your use of the Website, you agree to follow our Code of Conduct, set out below. Under this Code, you will not: * Use the Website in a manner that could disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site. * Seek to obtain access to any materials or information through "hacking" or through other means we have not intentionally made available to you through the Website. * Pretend or falsely claim to be authorized to act on behalf of a third party. * Submit material that is defamatory, intentionally false, hateful, offensive, unlawfully threatening, unlawfully harassing, or that is otherwise illegal. * "Scrape," "harvest," or otherwise employ automated tools to collect Content from the Site, beyond the permissions granted in Grant of Rights. * Transmit materials through the Site that you know or should know contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer-programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
7. Revocation or Suspension of Use Privileges We reserve the right at any time to terminate or suspend your access to some or all of the Website if you engage in activities that we conclude, in our discretion, breach our Code of Conduct.
8. Submitted Content Our Site is designed to foster educational dialog, organizational activities, and other related activities. When you engage in activities via our Website, you acknowledge your wish to share openly and freely the Content you provide, and your wish, with your submitted Content, to further Opinion Exchanges, both on and off our Site. Accordingly, If you provide or post Content on our Site, by email or otherwise, we will treat the Content as non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. Moreover, by posting Content on the Website, (i) you authorize and license us, and our Participants, and others to use, distribute, modify, and copy the Content, without compensation to you; provided, however, that such uses shall consist of Permitted Purposes only (collectively, Use Rights). Moreover, in posting Content to our Website, you warrant that you have sufficient authority and right to submit or post the information, and provide these Use Rights. You agree that the Host has fulfilled obligations to you (if any exist) to enforce restrictions on Use Rights (specifically, the restriction that prevents any use of your Content other that use for Permitted Purposes), by providing (via these Terms) notice to Users of their Use Rights in your Content, and of the restriction on any non-Permitted Purposes uses. Beyond providing this notice, you acknowledge that the Host has no obligation to enforce or secure any rights you may hold in your Content.
9. Warranty Disclaimer The Host does not promise that the Website will be error-free or uninterrupted, or that the Site will provide specific results from your use of any content, search, or link on the Site. The Site, and all services on the Site are delivered on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. The Host does not warrant or represent that files you download from the Site will be free of viruses or other harmful features. THE HOST DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE AND RELATED SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
10. Limitation of Liability UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR NEGLIGENCE, WILL THE HOST BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, OR THE CONTENT. YOUR REMEDY FOR CLAIMED WRONGDOING BY THE HOST WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE SHALL CONSIST OF PROSPECTIVE INJUNCTIVE RELIEF (IF AVAILABLE) ONLY.
11. Indemnity You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold the Host and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from any liability to third parties, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from or related to your breach of these Terms.
12. Contact for Alleged Copyright Infringement
The Host respects the intellectual property rights of others and requires that its users do the same. If you believe that any content available on the Site or other activity taking place on the Site constitutes infringement of a work protected by copyright (a Work), please notify our agent, designated under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. sect.512) (the DMCA) to respond to such concerns, as follows: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Your notice must comply with the DMCA. Upon receipt of a compliant notice, we will respond and proceed in accordance with the DMCA.
13. Additional Terms for Certain Services or Sites We may offer services or features that are subject to additional or different terms and conditions. We will notify you if the feature you are accessing is subject to terms and conditions that differ from these Terms, and you will have the opportunity to decline to participate in such sites or services, if you do not agree with the differing terms and conditions.
14. Modifications to these Terms If we modify these Terms, any such modifications will take effect proactively, upon your subsequent access to the Website. Please feel free to print out a copy of these Terms for your records.
15. Assignment These Terms of Service shall not be assignable by you, either in whole or in part. The Host reserves the right to assign its rights and obligations under these Terms.
18. Survival The following provisions shall survive the termination of these Terms and shall apply indefinitely: * Ownership; Reservation of Rights * Submitted Content * Warranty Disclaimer * Limitation of Liability * Indemnity * Assignment * General * Survival
19. Contact Us You may contact us for any reason (other than matters that are to be directed to our DMCA Agent, as identified in Contact for Alleged Copyright Infringement at the following addresses: Email: email@example.com
20. Effective Date The effective date of these Terms is August 1, 2009