*Please note that News Nosh will be truncated and focus on the English Israeli media between December 3-13 while Orly Halpern is on holiday.
Now is a great time to download APN's Facts on the Ground, a new, completely revamped and upgraded version of the groundbreaking settlements map app. It is available for free on iPhone and Android.
Go HERE for more and links to download the app on Apple or Android
Go HERE to get to the Apple link directly
Go HERE to
get to the Android link directly
Security cabinet meeting convenes to discuss situation in Lebanon amidst IDF operation against Hezbollah tunnels (i24 News)
- Attack tunnels from Lebanon: Israel robs Hezbollah of major offensive asset
- From Gaza to elections: 7 insights into Israeli op against Hezbollah tunnels
- How anti-femicide protests are uniting women in Israel's Arab and Jewish communities
- Israeli soldier's cover was blown in botched Gaza op due to their accents
- Israel launches operations to counter Hezbollah tunnels
- Hezbollah threatens "inevitable retaliation" if Israel launches attack
- Ministry to pull recognition of Al-Quds University over incitement
- Israeli spyware firm denies alleged link to Saudi journalist's killing
- Analysis: Of course Hezbollah was tunneling under the border. Why wouldn't it?
- The Netanyahu paradox: Guarding Israel from without, causing harm within
- Rabbi convicted of sex crimes said to confess to new misconduct
- Demonstrators shut roads, airport as women strike to protest violence
- Hezbollah: Netanyahu is in crisis
- Tunnels are only a precursor to the real threat
- US Palestinian Rep.plans legislator's tour of WB
- Second installment of Qatari funds to enter Gaza this week
- US gives full support for Israeli operation against Hezbollah tunnels
- Jordan government allows Gazan refugees to purchase cars, property
- IDF says exposed Hezbollah tunnel far larger than Hamas tunnels in Gaza
- Hezbollah source says tunnel operation is Netanyahu trying to "escape problems at home"
The IDF announced to that it was engaged in an operation - Operation Northern Shield - to destroy Hezbollah cross-border tunnels. The IDF stressed that these tunnels were not yet operational and pose no immediate threat to Israeli civilians.
Hezbollah's was pretty restrained, saying that it is "closely monitoring the enemy's activities along the border and that the Lebanese army is in constant state of alertness. However, routine is maintained in southern Lebanon's villages." But other sources from within Hezbollah say that this operation just goes to show that Netanyahu is in crisis mode and trying to distract from his problems at home.
This morning Trump's National Security Advisor, John Bolton, said that the US fully supports the Israeli operation. Just hours before the operation was launched, Prime Minister Netanyahu met with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in Brussels. Amos Harel writes in Haaretz that this meeting "signals to Iran, Lebanon, and Hezbollah, through the Americans... that there is an urgent need to deal with the problems before Israel considers using military means.
- Listen to Haaretz's podcast episode on the Israeli operation against the Hezbollah tunnels: Does this mean war?
- Residents of Sheikh Jarrah are bracing for another round of evictions that could affect as many as as 11 families and 500 people. (+972 Mag)
- Israeli mothers from communities near the border with Gaza are petitioning the High Court to prevent the next round of Qatari funds from entering the strip. (Ynet News)
- "Sufganiyot, the humble Israeli doughnut eaten at Hanukkah, is humble no more." Read Calcalist's feature on this holiday industry in Israel.