*Please note that News Nosh will be truncated and limited to the English Israeli media until December 13 when Orly Halpern returns from holiday. There will also be no News Nosh this Sunday.
Now is a great time to download APN's Facts on the Ground, a new, completely revamped and upgraded version of the groundbreaking settlements map app. It is available for free on iPhone and Android.
Go HERE for more and links to download the app on Apple or Android
Go HERE to get to the Apple link directly
Go HERE to get to the Android link directly
- IDF reveals it found another Hezbollah tunnel crossing into Israel, asks UN to help destroy it
- Despite Netanyahu's pressure, EU doesn't link anti-Semitism to anti-Zionism
- Thousands of Israeli women took to the street. But where were the men?
- IDF denies soldiers threw gas canisters into Hebron school. Then footage surfaced.
- Analysis: Hezbollah's leader Nasrallah showed his true colors
- Israel has a right to defend itself, EU ambassador says
- Lebanese lawmaker: Israel has offered no proof of border tunnels
- Report: Hezbollah moving missiles from Syria to Lebanon
- Army says it uncovered a second Hezbollah cross-border attack tunnel
- As PM visits border, top officials say Israel may have to act inside Lebanon
- Ex-defense minister admits officials lied about Hezbollah tunnels for years
- Interim commissioner Motti Cohen seen as frontrunner for next police chief
- Netanyahu: Israel may have to operate in Lebanon
- 50 kids rescued from flooded kindergartens
- Lebanon: "No reason" for military clash with Israel
- Edri withdraws candidacy for police commissioner
- European Commission adopts declaration of fight against anti-semitism
- Netanyahu urges ambassadors to condemn, sanction Hezbollah
- Second installment of Qatari money has entered Gaza, to be distributed tomorrow
- Israeli drug kingpin finally extradited to Tel Aviv after South American chase
The IDF reports that it found another Hamas cross-border tunnel near the village of Ramyeh in Southern Lebanon. It asked the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) to aid in destroying the tunnel from the Lebanese side.
Today, the UN General Assembly will vote on a US-backed resolution condemning Hamas for its rocket attacks against Israel and calling for an end to their violent activities. Israeli Ambassador to the UN Danny Danon has said this resolution is "a win-win." "If we win, it will be a historic achievement. And if we don’t win, at least we succeeded in putting Hamas’s activities on the global agenda." The resolution does not mention the Israeli occupation or the siege on Gaza, and in a show of unity the Palestinian Authority has joined Hamas' efforts in thwarting it. Palestinian Authority leaders say that the resolution would "'target the whole Palestinian people' by focusing the blame for the failure of the peace process solely on Palestinian/Hamas actions, and thus undermine the legitimacy of the Palestinian struggle."
The European Union adopted a declaration that calls on EU members to take concrete steps to protect the Jewish communities of Europe and fight anti-Semitism. It also recommends EU member states to use the definition of anti-Semitism from the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) "as a guidance tool." The IHRA definition of anti-Semitism considers some criticism of Israel to be anti-Semitic, such as: “Denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor, or by applying double standards to Israel not demanded of any other nation." Prime Minister Netanyahu had pushed the EU to fully adopt this definition, but some EU countries believed it could prevent criticism of Israeli policies in the Palestinian territories.
- Peace Now slams a legal opinion by the Ministry of Justice that gives a green light to the expropriation of private Palestinian land in order to legalize the Haresha outpost in the central West Bank. Peace Now said: "This move is a mockery of justice. Since the Regulation Law is tied up in court, the Ministry of Justice is yet again using every crooked justification it can concoct to expropriate private Palestinian land in order to dissect the West Bank with settlements until they have achieved their one-state apartheid agenda." (Times of Israel)
- "Back to Gaza" - read the first of Haim Watzman's short stories written for the Times of Israel series, "Necessary Stories."
- "Education Minister Naftali Bennett slammed Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday evening amid reports Netanyahu asked Shaul Elovitch, who owns the Walla! News website, to publish a story that Bennett's wife, Gilat, worked as a chef at non-kosher restaurants." (Ynet News)
- Yesterday in Jerusalem, 150 Evangelical Christians and Jews met for an interfaith conference to take on the "insidious, viral “hoax” taking hold in the Christian world — that the two historical Jewish temples had never been located on the iconic, holy, politically explosive compound." The Times of Israel report said the goal of the conference was to elicit international Christian support for Jewish control of the Temple Mount.
- The Israel Policy Forum's Executive Director wrote an op-ed in Haaretz about the cost of annexation: "In circulating annexation plans they gloss over (or worse, deliberately hide) the likely ramifications of their proposals, which threaten to erode Israelis’ safety, undermine the state’s economy, and undo its democracy while also imperiling relationships with important U.S. allies in the Arab world." (Times of Israel)