Israel's Nation-State Law was approved amidst much controversy, both within Israel and abroad, particularly among American Jews. Given its status as one of Israel's Basic Laws, the closest thing Israel has to a Constitution, the law is particularly consequential. Here are a number of resources on the law, its ramifications, and reactions to it.
- APN's Debra Shushan speaking at FMEP event, "The Nation-State Law: Implications for Democracy and Peace in Israel/Palestine" (9.27.2018) - watch video here
- APN Analysis: Why Israel's Nation-State Law Is Not Only Anti-Democratic But Also Anti-Peace (7.27.18)
- Podcast: #51: Equality Now - Conversation with Dr. Yasmeen Abu-Fraiha
- Yossi Alpher: The Nation-State Law and the almost-deal with Hamas: Netanyahu’s real objectives
- Yossi Alpher, Hard Questions, Tough Answers (July 23, 2018) – The ultra-nationalist surge: two documents
- American Jewish Organizations: “Nation-State Bill Would Enshrine Discrimination Into Israel’s Basic Laws”
- APN's Debra Shushan on Israel i24 News "The Spin Room" here (7.18.2018) and here (7.25.2018)
- Times of Israel: Final text of Jewish nation-state law, approved by the Knesset early on July 19
- ACRI analysis of the law
- Israel Democracy Institute 7.18.2018: Nation-State Law Explainer
- "I'm ashamed of Israel's Nation-State law" video from Peace Now going viral
- Moshe Arens in Haaretz 7.23.2018 Israel Has Its Nation-state Law, but What About the Druze?
- Max Fisher in the NYT 7.22.2018:Israel Picks Identity Over Democracy. More Nations May Follow
- Chemi Shalev in Haaretz 7.21.2018:Planted by Netanyahu and Co., Nation-state Law Is a Time Bomb Exploding in Israel’s Face
- David Halbfinger in the NYT 7.20.2018Israel Cements Right-Wing Agenda in a Furious Week of Lawmaking