David Friedman is a friend of the settlement movement who backs unlimited settlement expansion, has accused President Obama of being an anti-Semite and says that liberal Zionists are "worse than kapos." Tell your Senators to reject his nomination to be the next US ambassador to Israel.
Time is short and your Senators need to hear from you TODAY. If you don’t know who your Senators are, you can look them up here. Then call the US Capitol switchboard – (202) 224-3121 – and ask to be connected to each of your Senator’s offices. Tell the person who answers the phone in each office:
- I am a constituent and I care about Israel and Israeli-Palestinian peace
- That is why I strongly oppose Donald Trump's choice to be the next US Ambassador to Israel, David Friedman, and urge Senator XXX to reject him.
- Mr. Friedman poses a threat to longstanding US policies in the Middle East that have been supported by Democratic and Republican presidents alike.
- He is hostile to the two-state solution - the only way to ensure Israel’s future as the democratic homeland of the Jewish people.
- He is a friend of the settlement movement and an avid supporter of further settlement expansion.
- The contempt Mr. Friedman has shown toward liberal American Jews - labeling them worse than Nazi collaborators - makes him a horrible choice to be our representative in Israel.
- I urge Senator XXX to reject Mr. Friedman's nomination to be the next US ambassador to Israel.
P.S. Please forward this to your friends and urge them to call.
APN previously issued the following petition: